Sunday, September 9, 2012

Watermelon Popsicles


The days of summer are dwindling, but there are still some hot hot days when it's nice to have a cold popsicle. Fruit leftover from late summer barbeques–especially watermelon!–makes a delicious frozen fruit popsicle. Melon is perfect for the base of popsicles because it doesn't get as icy as frozen fruit juice. It stays flavorful and there is no added sweetener! I used a seedless watermelon, but if you're using melon with seeds be sure to remove them before filling your popsicle molds.

Taking inspiration from here, I cut up strawberries into small pieces (you could really use any fruit) and placed them in the bottom of my popsicle molds. Next I mashed up some cubes of watermelon with a fork until I had a watery pulp and spooned it into my molds, filling them half way. I added a few more strawberry pieces and then filled the molds to the top with more watermelon pulp. Insert sticks, and freeze for 4 hours. Enjoy your whole fruit popsicles!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment