Saturday, July 7, 2012

Raspberry Mint Ice Cubes

This post inspired me to try making some fancy ice cubes for refreshing summer drinks. It's so easy, I think I'll keep my freezer stocked with them all the time! Here's what I did: 


Ingredients:
Raspberries
Mint
Water
...and an ice cube tray


 Place two raspberries in each ice cube spot. Crush a few mint leaves with fingers, and tuck in around raspberries. Pour water over berries and mint, and freeze for about 6 hours.

I brought these to the 4th of July BBQ to make these drinks:


Ingredients:
Mint
Vodka
Peach lemonade
Raspberry mint ice cubes

Muddle mint with vodka in the bottom of a glass. Add two or three raspberry mint ice cubes and peach lemonade and stir. Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.

Bottoms up! :)

1 comment:

  1. Those look delicious! I'm definitely going to have to try your recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete