Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Succulent Jar

I've been having fun reusing jars in creative ways, and want to share my most recent inspiration: jar as plant pot! All I did was add a layer of rocks to the bottom of an old peanut butter jar, and plant a succulent on top. I wouldn't recommend this for any kind of plant, but a succulent is perfect since it takes little water. The rocks at the bottom of the jar provide just enough drainage– as long as you don't over water. I love the terrarium look that the glass creates. It's actually really convenient because I can tell just by looking when the soil is dry. For the next step up, check out my succulent garden DIY.





1 comment:

  1. I love how thrifty you are using found and reusable objects... and the plants are starting to grow on you!

    ReplyDelete