Sunday, May 6, 2012

Yellow Curry

I was introduced to this recipe while living with my friend Connor, who is always cooking up delicious and inspiring meals. The TJ's curry sauce bottle is lacking in excitement, so Connor added a few things to make this curry a heartier soup, and now it tastes like something you would order in a Thai restaurant. I've been eating it for 3 days and I'm still not sick of it!

Ingredients
1 bottle of Trader Joe's Thai Yellow Curry Sauce
1 can of coconut milk
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 of an onion, chopped
3-4 carrots, sliced into rounds
2-4 small potatoes, cubed
1 red bell pepper, sliced into squares or strips
1 lb. chicken break, cubed

Over medium-high heat, combine curry sauce, coconut milk, and chicken broth in a soup pot. Add potatoes, carrots, and onion, and simmer (reducing heat if necessary). This is when I slice up my bell pepper, and ten minutes later, add that to the pot. Next, cube chicken while the sauce and vegetables simmer. When potatoes and carrots are nearly cooked, add chicken and simmer until done. Serve in a bowl over brown or jasmine rice.



No comments:

Post a Comment