Saturday, April 28, 2012

Lemon Feta Pasta

This recipe was given to me by my aunt, Cheri. It takes very little effort to prepare, and is the prefect dinner on a warm night when you want something fresh and don't have much energy to cook. I eat it as a main dish, but it could easily be a side or you can add chicken on top. Fish might be good, too! The leftovers are great because you can eat them cold, but this recipe can also very easily be halved.


Ingredients:
12 oz. pasta (I like fusilli)
juice and zest of one lemon
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
8 oz. crumbled feta cheese
salt & pepper to taste (I like lots of pepper)
baby spinach

Cook pasta according to package. Place lemon juice and zest in a large bowl. Drain pasta, add to bowl, and toss to coat. Add olive oil, feta, salt, and pepper, and toss again. Serve pasta atop a bed of baby spinach. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment